Two of the most magnetic e-commerce platforms for dropshipping are AliExpress and Amazon.
It is so fortunate that these two platforms have a lot of strings attached that has made entrepreneurs explore more business opportunities. One of such opportunities is dropshipping from AliExpress to Amazon.
This article will educate you on how to get started and improve your e-commerce efforts by giving guidelines on how to drop ship from AliExpress to Amazon. So whether you’re new to the e-commerce industry or you’re an expert looking to change your business model, this is the piece to pore over for the stellar knowledge.
However, as the merchant tries to dropship from AliExpress to Amazon, s/he’s likely to hit some snags like;
- Depleted goods in stock.
- Adversarial supplier from AliExpress.
- Shipping delays.
- Unmatched products and photos online.
Reasons To Settle For Dropshipping From AliExpress To Amazon.
Assume that you’ve made up your mind to invest in an e-commerce store. What’d be the steps that follow?
Majority of the entrepreneurs will attempt to think of high selling products, find a supplier of the same products, make an order, and pay for the order in advance. Then, s/he will stock the products while struggling to dropship them.
However, here comes a problem when the products aren’t dropshipping as expected, or not drop shipping at all. The best example for such a case as below;
- Kevin decides to purchase 100 units of a given product and pays $2000 for all of them in advance.
- He dropships only 10 of them, to emerge with $ 400 from the sale.
- After that, he fails to drop ship all the rest, realizing a loss of a whopping $1600 and thus closes down his business.
Luckily, if Kevin tried to dropship from AliExpress to Amazon, he could have made another $2000 in profits. Have a look at the best example of how he’d do that successfully below;
- Kevin dropships from AliExpress to Amazon so that he doesn’t pay for the products in advance.
- Then, he makes the same $400 in sales. So he makes a profit of $200.
- In making such a profit, Kevin first received order requests from customers, made the same orders from AliExpress, and the orders were shipped to his customers directly.
- There’s no loss caused as a result.
So, the reasons to no losses made is because a dropshipping was done from AliExpress to Amazon. This is what makes it worthy of a trial for you.
In the case of dropshipping, a product doesn’t have to be bought in advance. Therefore, no money is spent on inventory. This blatantly reduces the risk of losses by a great extent.
The Actual Process of Dropshipping From AliExpress To Amazon.
People have often dropshipped between various platforms, but the one from AliExpress to Amazon remains the best. And, the process involves just a handful of tweaks to get everything done. It involves merely importing all the images and other details about the product from AliExpress’s official website to your Amazon account.
You can choose from a variety of products available. Likewise, you are allowed to alter the prices as long as your customers will be happy with the new rates. What’s interesting is that after you drop ship the order/product, you pay for it and AliExpress will send it to the customer on its own. You can see the way it is simple, cost-effective, and less risky.
Allow me to use an example to describe the actual process of Dr from AliExpress to Amazon for a better understanding. Below is the example;
Note: AliExpress is the supplier of the product while Amazon is the drop shipper.
You want to buy a phone from Amazon. So, you send your order to the platform. On receiving your order, Amazon sends the same order to AliExpress. AliExpress then processes the order (since they have the phone you ordered for) and ships it directly to you as the customer. So this is the process explained from the customer’s point of view.
Though Amazon is the platform that you ordered your phone from, it ends up not seeing the phone itself ~ very interesting.
Let’s now switch our attention and talk about something else related to the process. But, allow me to summarize the responsibilities of each of the companies into five comprehensive points as;
- Amazon takes the responsibility of gathering all the customers’ orders and forwarding them to AliExpress.
- From this point on, all the remaining responsibilities are left for AliExpress.
- Trouble finds its way in at the point where a delay or absence of the product in stock occurs. Who is to blame for these and others?
- However, these are rare cases, and in the case of a smooth business, the product will be shipped by AliExpress to the customer (s) in time, and they’ll be happy about the service.
- When the customer confirms the order, the case is done.
Lastly, I’ll also use an example to summarize the whole process into three simple points like below;
- A customer pays you a $200 for an order on an item listed on your Amazon store.
- You keep $50 as your profit, having known that the wholesale price of the ordered item is only $150 at AliExpress.
- You pay the $150 to AliExpress, and it ships this product to the customer.
FAQs about Dropshipping From AliExpress to Amazon.
You have now grasped the basic procedures for shipping from AliExpress to Amazon. However, you are likely to have a few more puzzling questions to grok it even better. Such questions are expected since this isn’t a common e-commerce option, and it involves also a little more steps.
After doing intensive research, I noticed that the following there questions are often asked by prospective investors of the e-commerce option. I have also attached apt answers below each question.
- Will My Customers Notice That The Products They Ordered Are Shipped From AliExpress?
AliExpress is famous for its unique model that is favorable to dropshipping. This is why it is ranked at the pinnacle, above all the other platforms. Additionally, most of the platform’s suppliers are familiar with its dropshipping businesses and the roles they play in it.
- Why Can’t Customers Simply Buy From AliExpress Since It Is More Cost-effective?
One is because as a marketer, you are the best above the rest and you usually reach the customers before anyone else. So the customers know you alone. You may also have earned trust from them such that they believe in you for shipping than any other person. Thirdly, you might be providing some extra services that the customers love. They’ll, therefore, stick to you not only for the goods but also the nature of services you provide.
- What Do I Do If The Customers Don’t Like AliExpress’s Shipping Duration?
You’ll agree with me that this is just an assumption made. Before you build a clientele base, you always build trust. Most of your customers trust your activities, and they won’t complain about shipping times. They’re willing to wait, as long as they know that what they’re waiting for us worth the time.
Alternatively, you can succeed with another blow. Try offering free shipping to all the customers. This will alleviate the cases of customers complaining over shipping times. It has worked for me in the past, and it’ll certainly work for you as well.
You notice that dropshipping from AliExpress to Amazon has a pleasant number of advantages, including the benefit of alleviating risks involved. You don’t have to buy something that you don’t know its fate of successfully being sold. Plus, it consumes the least time possible, giving you time to focus on other forms of e-commerce. I highly advise you to take up such a lucrative business without giving a second thought ~ best of luck, pals! (Learn How To Sell On Amazon)